Honeymoon is sometimes a once in a lifetime experience for newlyweds to take time off away from their friends and family and spend time together after their wedding to bond more and build more on memories shared before engaging in the demands of marriage. Some newlyweds or couples spend their honeymoons either at their home or some prefer destination away from home. It is ideal for newlyweds to change environment outside their home or comfort zones, if finances allow, and travel to a preferred destination just to share some bonding time.
Honeymoon is sometimes a once in a lifetime experience for newlyweds to take time off away from their friends and family and spend time together after their wedding to bond more and build more on memories shared before engaging in the demands of marriage.
Here are the 10 major places to spend your honey moon in Nigeria
- Obudu Mountain Resort – Obudu Mountain Resort, also known as Obudu Cattle Ranch, is situated on the Obudu Plateau in Cross River State, is arguably a paradise for newlyweds. It presents itself as a very good alternative for couples who wish to enjoy their honeymoon abroad. The landscape is amazingly romantic. Couples can bond better while engaging in numerous outdoor activities such as hiking, golfing, horseback riding and bird watching. Lit camp fires around the ranch provides captivating outdoor experience at night. Obudu Mountain Resort was developed in 1951 by a Scot, M. McCaughley, who first explored the mountain ranges in 1949.
- The Whispering Palm Resort – The Whispering Palm Resort is the place to be for couple who wish to bond more with fun activities both along the beach and in the pool. Other attractions include an art gallery, heritage room, miniature golf, paddle boats, a mini zoo, swimming pool, and tennis courts. Chirping birds on the trees in the beach create more romantic moments to cuddle-up under the birds’ melodies. The whispering Palm Resort is located at Ajido Road, Aradagun Bus Stop, Off Lagos Badagry Express Way, Iworo 100101, Badagry, Lagos State. Visit: www.whisperingpalmslagos.com
- La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort – La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort is a private 60-acre beach resort located in Lekki, Lagos State. It is sandwiched between green tropical forest, beside freshwater lagoon and the amazing sandy beach of the Atlantic Ocean. La Champagne Tropicana Beach Resort prides itself as an exotic spot for a serious romantic honeymoon getaway. The mini-spa provides a superb place for an exclusive and relaxing time while soaping up the beauty of the scenery. During the day, couples can engage in romantic, two only, activities like hiking, fishing, hunting, swimming, water sports and walk along the beach. Visit: www.lacampagnetropicana.com
- Le Meridien Ibom Golf Resort – Newlyweds who are golf enthusiasts will have a swell time at Le Meridien Ibom Golf Resort situated at Nwaniba Road, in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. Le Meridien Ibom Golf Resort is positioned at the center of a magnificently flourishing palm forest vegetation. It is full of romantic discoveries and adventure with the majestic quiet that soothe lovebirds on their honeymoon. The cuisine, served by some skilled chefs, are amazing delicious meals spiced with local delicacies.
- Kamp Ikare Beach Resort – Kamp Ikare Beach Resort, is an interesting natural wonder, situated in a charming and well-preserved coastline part of Badagry in Lagos State. It beholds an attractive panorama of white sand and glittering sea serving as a wonderland for honeymoon seekers. The resort has such a natural splendor rustic with the modern touches here and there to give you the perfect holiday. The resort has a main communal beach house with 6 duplex cabins positioned around a swimming pool and a few meters from the sea. Moreover, the resort is only accessible by boat.
- Epe Resort and Spa – Epe Resort and Spa is situated on the fringes of Lekki Epe Expressway, Lagos State. It greets visitors with a milieu that is both relaxing and beautiful harmonized with an avant-garde and traditional style. Couples are sure to be treated to an all-inclusive cuisine, posh rooms, sporting activities, an easy-going environment with optimum satisfaction. The spa is a dream come true for most wives, who have visited the place, which their husband can also indulge in. Thus, it offers, among other things, a pampering session second to none. Couples can also relax by the pools and have romantic dinners at the in-house restaurant. The staff are trained to ensure your experience is memorable. Visit: www.eperesort.com
- La Manga Luxury Villas – La Manga Beach Resort is often referred to as a garden Eden, by guest couples, to hobnob with your new spouse. Some romantic activities to indulge in include a picnic under the palm trees and as a stroll along the beach while savoring the beautiful scenery. The resort prides itself in offering honeymooners the best of luxury and romance they can ever imagine. Visit; www.lamangailashe.com
- Yankari Games Reserve – Yankari Games Reserve is an expansive wildlife park located in the south-central part of Bauchi State in Northeastern Nigeria. It is the most developed animal reserve and park in Nigeria. Various natural and warm springs are part of its heritage. The fact that it is located in the savanna region of West Africa makes it a choice destination for tourists and holidaymakers to see wildlife in their natural habitat. This park is largely touted to have the largest collection of animals, especially elephants, in Nigeria. It presently has 50 different species of animals, including an approximate of 550 elephants, 59 caves and crystal clear natural spring water. It also boasts of a museum, a bar and souvenir shop. Visit; www.yankarigamereserve.com.ng
- Ikogosi Warm Springs Resort – Ikogosi Warm Springs Resort is home for adventurous souls. It is located in Ekiti State and the resort is designed to make honeymoon seekers have an unforgettable experience. The popularity of the resort stems from the fact that it is a confluence of hot and cold spring meeting at a point and flowing down as a single stream. Exploring the incredible landscape, the wonders of rock formation and seeing the confluence of warm springs and cold springs are bound to excite couples. Visit: www.ikogosiresort.net
- Zenababs Half Moon Resort – Zenababs Half Moon Resort is a luxurious honey resort located in Ijesha, Osun State. Nestled in a tranquil natural environment fully equipped to cater for your romantic honeymoon stay. Breakfast is served and enjoyed while beholding the magnificent natural habitat resplendent under the early morning sun. The resort is home to a busy wildlife park with exotic birds chirping away. Boat ride and swimming all add to making your experience in the resort a magical one. Visit: www.zenababs.com/the-zenababs-half-moon-resort/